Capturing screenshots is an essential task for various purposes, whether you want to save important information, share something interesting, or troubleshoot an issue. However, not all laptops have a dedicated Printscreen button, and Asus laptops are no exception. But worry not! In this article, we will guide you through different methods on how to screenshot on an Asus laptop without a Printscreen button. Get ready to become a screenshot pro!
How to Screenshot on Asus Laptop without Printscreen Button
Using the Snipping Tool
The Snipping Tool is a built-in utility in Windows that allows you to capture screenshots with precision. Here’s how you can use it on your Asus laptop:
- Launch the Snipping Tool by pressing the Windows key and typing “Snipping Tool” in the search bar. Click on the app from the search results to open it.
- Once the Snipping Tool window appears, click on New to start a new snip.
- Select the desired snip type: Free-form Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, or Full-screen Snip. Choose the one that suits your screenshot requirements.
- After selecting the snip type, use your mouse or trackpad to capture the desired area.
- Once you’ve captured the screenshot, the Snipping Tool window will display your snip. You can annotate it, save it, or share it directly from the tool.
The Snipping Tool is a powerful built-in solution for capturing screenshots on your Asus laptop without relying on the Printscreen button.
Using the Windows Game Bar
If you’re using Windows 10, you have access to the Windows Game Bar, which can be used for more than just gaming. Follow these steps to take screenshots with the Game Bar:
- Press the Windows key + G to open the Windows Game Bar overlay.
- In the Game Bar overlay, click on the Screenshot button represented by a camera icon.
- Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + Alt + PrtScn to take a screenshot instantly.
- The screenshot will be saved in the Captures folder in your Videos directory.
The Windows Game Bar provides a quick and convenient way to capture screenshots on your Asus laptop without the need for the Printscreen button.
Utilizing Keyboard Shortcuts
If you prefer using keyboard shortcuts, Windows offers several options for capturing screenshots without the Printscreen button. Here are a few common shortcuts you can use:
- Alt + PrtScn: Capture the active window and copy the screenshot to the clipboard. You can paste it in an image editor or document.
- Windows key + Shift + S: Open the Snipping Bar, allowing you to capture a specific area of the screen. The captured screenshot will be saved to the clipboard.
- Windows key + PrtScn: Capture the entire screen and automatically save the screenshot in the Screenshots folder within your Pictures directory.
These keyboard shortcuts provide convenient alternatives for taking screenshots on your Asus laptop without the PrintScreen button.
Using Third-Party Software
If you prefer more advanced features or additional customization options, third-party software can be a great solution. Here are a few popular options:
- Greenshot: A feature-rich and user-friendly screenshot tool that allows you to capture, annotate, and share screenshots effortlessly. You can download Greenshot for free from their official website.
- Lightshot: A lightweight and intuitive screenshot tool that offers various annotation features. Lightshot is available for both Windows and macOS. You can download it from the Lightshot website.
- Snagit: A comprehensive screen capture and screen recording software that provides advanced editing and sharing capabilities. Snagit offers a free trial and can be downloaded from the TechSmith website.
Using third-party software expands your screenshot capabilities, allowing you to tailor the process according to your specific needs.
Taking Screenshots on Asus Laptop Models
Different Asus laptop models may have unique features or bundled software that enhance the screenshot experience. Here are a few examples:
|Asus Laptop Model||Screenshot Method|
|Asus ZenBook||Use the Snipping Tool or keyboard shortcuts.|
|Asus ROG Strix||Utilize the Windows Game Bar or third-party software.|
|Asus VivoBook||Use the Snipping Tool or keyboard shortcuts.|
Depending on your Asus laptop model, you may have additional options or dedicated software that simplifies the screenshot process. Refer to your laptop’s user manual or Asus website for model-specific instructions.
Taking screenshots on an Asus laptop without a Printscreen button is easier than you think. Whether you choose to utilize the built-in Snipping Tool, Windows Game Bar, keyboard shortcuts, or third-party software, capturing and sharing screenshots becomes a breeze. Experiment with different methods and find the one that suits your needs the best.
- Absolutely! There are multiple methods available, including using the Snipping Tool, Windows Game Bar, keyboard shortcuts, or third-party software. Follow the instructions mentioned in this article to capture screenshots effortlessly.
Yes, the Snipping Tool is a built-in Windows utility and is available on all Asus laptops running Windows operating systems.
Yes, Greenshot and Lightshot are popular free options that offer a wide range of features. You can download them from their respective official websites.